Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 14: Relationship to food


I have a love-hate relationship to food.  I have always been a picky eater.  And for years, I have struggled with my weight.  Ironic, isn’t it?

I love food.  I love to eat.  But there are certain foods that I don’t like.  I like burgers, but to a certain extent.  Beef gives me digestive problems.  I don’t think I overeat.

But, and it’s a very big “but”, I don’t exercise.  I always sitting.  I don’t workout.  I don’t walk or refuse to walk long distances.  I enjoy occasional pork but given a preference, I can skip that. I don’t drink plenty of fluids.  I don’t eat that much fruits and veggies.  I am also not adventurous and I don’t like anything exotic.

I love, love, love, love chocolates.  Any chocolate-flavored desserts, I’d eat.  If all the foods are chocolate-dipped, I’d eat it.  It’s just a theory and I haven’t tried. 

So maybe if I added one fruit a day in my meals or substitute chocolate-flavored yogurt (are there any?) instead of chocolate ice cream, I’d be eating healthier.  Maybe if cook my own meals and eat mostly fish and chicken (white meats), would that reduce my fats?

I’d probably lose more if walk around the compound for at least 15 minutes or do those twistee exercises while watching TV, I’d be a bit skinnier.

You see, I already know the answer to all these.  Yet, I refuse to do it.  I read somewhere that in order to create a habit, you have to do it everyday for 21 days.  James Clear even explained it clearer (no pun intended), that you don’t need to do extremes to achieve your goals.

Like for exercise, there’s no excuse for anyone NOT to exercise.  If you only have five minutes, then walk or exercise for 5 minutes for 21 days.

So for food.  Watch out.  I’ll eat more of you. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment