Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Truth: Day 12 - Something You Never Get Compliments On

Hmmm... I admit there are just some things that I do not know and I do not care to know. There are also some things I know that I just kept to myself - selfish. Usually, I never get complemented with my looks, personality, and my intelligence? (am i?).. LOL!

I get the occasional remarks like, you're so smart and you look nice.. "Nice!" and "Smart" nothing else. Might as well say, you're average, which is what I am. Not that I have anything against average. I have always been average. Well, I am not the prettiest nor the most beautiful.  I am also not the smartest nor the most intelligent, so its better than nothing. :)

I also never get complimented about my singing voice (like I have). Again, there goes the occasional, "you sound good". There goes my singing career! hahaha! :))

I never really pay attention to complements. In fact, I think it’s our culture that made us modest and not take complements. Everybody loves flattery (who doesn’t). Everyone wants to get praises and complements. But whenever I get complements, I feel like I’m being conceited. When being acknowledged for a job well done by my superiors, I feel that I don’t deserve them.

If I do something, I do not expect complements. If I get it, thank you. If not, it’s all part of the job. So for those who feel like complementing this blog, thank you. If not, thanks for dropping by. At least I know I’m not talking to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment