Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 25: Discuss something you planned that ended up not being what you expected

Something I planned that turned out not what I have expected… hmmm.

I guess my trips to Singapore and Thailand. I thought I need to have substantial amount of money to travel. I always see that going to another place would need money, money, and what else… oh right, money! Lol!

Before the trip, I had a lot of goosebumps. Being a planner that I am, I do not want anything to get screwed. I know that God will provide and God will be there with me but it is hard not to worry. I am going to be there on my own. I wondered what will happen to me. Carpe diem (seize the day!)

Singapore is an expensive city but I got around the city pretty much okay. I do not need to have substantial amount of money, but at least enough for me to get by. I made new friends and they actually accepted me and let me stayed in their home. Of course, in return for a favor, I gave them something.

Everything was well-thought of in Thailand. I organized everything online including my accommodation. Someone had managed to meet me in the airport so I do not need to worry about how I can get to the accommodation.  Thais do not speak English well. That is why there is a great need of English teachers who are also Native English speaker.

My plans did not turn out exactly as I expect them. I try to lower my expectations and let things flow. I had great fun without costing much. It is all in a matter of budgeting and just letting things fall into place. After all, God is in control. I loved what He gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment