Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 24: Describe spontaneous moment in your life that turned out to be fantastic

I think it was more than a year ago, my mom got into a huge fight. Whenever I am angry, I try not to talk at all. So I gave her the silent treatment and so did she which lasted about a month, all of because of something petty.

Anyway, that month, I decided so badly to get out of their shadow, as in be on my own. Being the planner that I am, I do not want to go be spontaneous, so I planned my moves well. I thought I want to be anywhere but here. So I looked for jobs online. I was desperate. I wanted to go out the soonest possible time.

I then found the site for online TEFL course. I told myself “this is worth a shot, as long as I am out of here soon.”  In fact, I really wanted to get out so badly that anything will be okay for me.

Anyway, I enrolled in the online class. My mom saw me studying yet never asked. Again, the silent treatment. But before I even finished the course, my mom and I patched up. I finished the course within 2 months time from the enrolment and got a free additional online course (which is about a $100 value).

I finished that too and I have an option to do a teaching practice in Spain, Italy and Thailand. I chose Thailand because I do not need a visa to go there and it’s cheaper.

Turns out, the spontaneous thing is the most fun I had. I get to experience travelling, meet people from all nations, and gained the experience I needed. It may not be enough but at least I had what it takes (according to them).

Now I got a teaching certificate, fun experience and friends from all over the world. Thanks to that spontaneous event!

No comments:

Post a Comment