Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Truth: Day 3 - Something You Have to Forgive Yourself For

I've done a lot of mistakes in the past. I mean, really big ones. But it is not something I have regretted doing. If there ever is one, it is mine to face. I have to accept the consequences and move on.

As much as possible, I try not to dwell on my mistakes. It just paralyzes me. I do need to forgive myself everytime I consciously make a mistake. I try to give all of my burdens to the Lord and let him do His wonders in it. As I have said in my previous post, I know everything will work out and things will eventually fall into place.

Who doesn’t make mistakes? It is not how you fall but how you rise that matters. Most of the mistakes I have made are rather embarrassing and something that I do not want to share. But if there’s a lesson I have learned from it, is to think things over and over and over before making a life-altering decision. Pray constantly for God’s wisdom and guidance. And listen to that little voice inside your head. If you feel and hear that there is something, there must be something. I often follow my instinct but at that time, I have rationalize things and acted impulsively.

Do I regret it? Yes. But can I take it back? I doubt it. It is something that I need to constantly pray about and accept the consequence. I am really trying so hard to forget it. That’s what I need to forgive myself for. I haven’t thought about something through and that I have to accept the consequence of my action. I know God will guide me so I will let Him do His wonders in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment