Monday, June 27, 2011

The Truth: Day 4 - Something you have to forgive someone for

Depending on what you did, I can be lenient or unforgiving when it comes to mistakes. Most of the time, I let things pass when someone does something that I think is really inappropriate and hurt me. But if it is something extreme, I almost never forget. And whenever I am reminded of those faults, all the bitterness, all the anger comes back to me.

There are people who have hurt me. I can’t say I haven’t forgiven them because I do not hold grudge anymore. I probably already have forgiven them. It is true what they say forgive them to make yourself feel better. The more you hold grudge, the more bitter you are. I do not want to live a bitter life.

Just think, if God who has no sin has forgiven us, why can’t we forgive others? Move on. Whatever it is that other people had done to you, forgive them. God is just and will give you what you deserve and what they deserve as consequences to all our deeds.

God is not blind. He sees our sufferings, our sins and everything that is hidden, even things that you’ve been kept for a long time. He knows your thoughts.

Maybe instead of thinking what others have done to you, think about what you have done to others. Have you ever hurt anyone deliberately? Unintentionally? Is it something extreme? Are you vindictive? Always vengeful? If you are, think for a while. Is it worth hurting others? Did it make you feel better? Is it forgivable?

I know that whatever our mistakes or other people’s mistakes are, it is nothing compare to what we did to Christ. Keep forgiving for that’s what the bible says.

No comments:

Post a Comment