Monday, December 12, 2011

NC14: A picture you love

I am not a photographer. I don't like taking photos nor taking my own picture. Not that I'm vain or anything, I just don't like taking photos.

But with these current challenges, it kind of forces me to take photos and say something about it, which is great but as the word "forced" mean, I don't exactly like it.

I only take pictures when I feel like it and most of the time, it's the people I am with that I take photos of, not the scenes.


Anyway, if I were to have a picture I love (besides friends, family and me... etc.), I would pick this:


The picture is significant. This place represents where I am currently at... Muscat, Oman - the place I have grown to love. I took this picture from the rooftop restaurant of the Marina Hotel in Muttrah. This is Downtown Muttrah. One of the pitstops of the "Amazing Race".

Compare to countries I have been blessed to visit, such as Dubai, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia (border only) and where I grew up - The Philippines, Oman is still rich and has preserved its culture. I know that eventually Oman will progress and it will be soon, I like the serenity Muscat has given.

It doesn't have the prestigious or glamorous malls that the places I've been to offers, but you can find pretty much what you need with a little patience.

I love Oman and I consider this place my home, and it has been for the past 6 years. I will continue to appreciate the conservatism and the preserved culture, and relax at the vast beaches Oman offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment