Tuesday, December 13, 2011

NC15: Bible Verse

Having worked abroad for quite a while, I've finally accepted the fact that I cannot please everyone. There are times when I get so frustrated but I take work and family into consideration before making any harsh, rational or irrational decisions.

During the turbulent time of working in a company where I felt under-appreciated, over-worked and underpaid, all I depended on was the Lord. And the fact that I need to please Him and not man.

I remembered putting this verse on my phone and used it as a wall paper so I always remember God is in control and everything will work out okay.


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24


At first, there are resistances, rebelliousness, and blames. I blamed my friends for being too uncaring. I blamed my boss for being un-supportive, demanding, and unfair. I blamed everyone except myself.  I eventually come to know, the change should come to me. If I serve the Lord, I know He will reward me accordingly.

After a year working for that company and after constant prayer for direction, God gave me another job which is the complete opposite of what I have before. I love my boss, I love my job and I feel appreciated. God blesses everyone. We just need to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment