Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 11: Something about which people seems to compliment you

I do not really pay attention to what I do. So it often comes as a surprise when someone gives me a complement. When I was still studying, I usually get attention and complements from my teachers. Everyone thinks I was a teacher’s pet yet I do not feel that way. My teachers may have paid close attention to me and have particularly kept an eye on my activities but I do not consider that being a teacher’s pet. But according to my fellow students, it is favoritism.

As I got older, it is not anymore the prestige of academics, as the basis for the complements. It now becomes the job or work. As I have said over and over on my previous post, I always do my best in everything that I do, because I do not want to be perceived as someone who just goof around, although, I do… sometimes.

And then, my sweetness also became evident. I like to keep my friends close. And when I am close to someone, I always say or show my appreciation to them. I often complement them, and they also take notice of the small gestures I do for them, and complement me on my sweetness too.

I feel that whatever it is inside you, it shines or radiate outwardly. People complement me because I made an ordinary become extraordinary. It may be a lot of pressure but I wanted to always be my best so people see how well my parents had brought us up, and what I have done to be what I am.

As the saying goes, what you are is God’s gift to you, what you become is your gift to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment