Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 12: Something you hope to change about yourself and why

Hmmm....

People say that you have to be contended with what you have or was it make the best of what you have… something to that content. I do not know if it is applicable as people also generally are not satisfied with whatever they have. We always aspire for something we cannot have.

Anyway, if there is something I want to change about myself, given a chance, I would probably want to eliminate procrastination and fear. My procrastination is brought by my fears; fear of the unknown, fear of being alone, fear of being unlikeable, fear of becoming unsuccessful, fear of being poor, etc. Irrational? Maybe, but those are my fears.

Who does not have fears? I bet it may not be the same as mine but we all fear of what is not known, of what we do not understand. I hope I can be brave. I want to change procrastination to being brave. I do not want to put things off anymore. I want to be free and chase my dreams.

It is simple, but not easy. Nothing in life comes easy anyway. I guess what I am saying is. It is never too late for me to take the step and do some work. I can eventually work on my procrastination and be brave once in a while. I can only take it one step at a time. Prioritize.

My fears will never go away but I know I will eventually overcome. I have done it before and I most certainly can do it again, with God’s help and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment