Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 17: Someone with whom you shared a friendship/relationship that simply drifted out of your life

When I was a freshman in high school, I have this friend.  He became my best friend. We had so much fun going to the church and actively participating in all the church youth activities. We were not the only one who is close, but our families too.

We got each other’s back. There were times when the whole congregation was against our families for some sort of a conflict but we stayed close.  We both got involve in relationships. When he started dating a friend, I suddenly became closer to his ex-girlfriend and then, afterwards, he started drifting away.

He became busy with school work and I was still involved with church and school activities. I do not know why and what happened. We just suddenly grew apart. He got involved with school friends and so was I. Most of our church friends also started going away and we have not been the same again.

I miss them. These friends have been with me through the worst and the best time of my high school / childhood days. I was not that close to anyone and I never got close to anyone the same as I have been with them.

But regardless, I know we are still friends. No matter where they are. I know that God keeps them safe and our families are in still in touch. We can always see each other soon as we fit in everybody else’s schedule. I wish to see them all again and get a chance to catch up with each other’s activities. J

No comments:

Post a Comment