Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 19: Something that shook your belief system to its core (a big disappointment in your life)

Shook my belief? I do not think it is my belief that is shaken but my ambition. I guess I would say I am ambitious and that is my weakness. I always felt and believe that I can do something better. I can be better off. I could get better… meaning I deserve to have more.

Selfish? Maybe. Is it really bad to want something you know you could have if you worked hard for it? I do not want to be rich. I just want to live comfortably. It is disappointing if I put my trust in people and end up with nothing. No word of honor.

I tell myself if I want to accomplish something, I should do it and not depend on others. I have been doing that and procrastinating. Believed it so well, people think of me as someone who would go places, yet I get left behind. I can achieve something if someone will just support me.

Emotional support, I can have. Financial support, another question. It is something I have to work for, myself. Everything I have now, I have worked for. it I did not depend on others to do it for me. I hate it when people assume you are going to do something for them. They depend on others for emotional, financial and other aspect, they do not want to do it  for themselves anymore.

I guess the most disappointing moment for me is to realize I cannot depend on others, only myself. I am not greedy but having money motivates me to work hard to achieve my dreams. And that is what I am doing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment