Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 15: A Band / Musical artist whose music impacted your life

I love music. I love to sing. But I never paid much attention to the singers and the artists. I like listening to music, dancing through it, and singing with it.

I do not know why I never paid attention to the artists. Maybe because it disappoints me. There are so many artists trying to break into the music industry yet most of their careers are short-lived. They do not last long. They are either involved in some scandal, being chased after by paparazzi, or the last few singles they have really sucked.

I really love music and I love songs. Contemporary music became more of a hype just to keep up with the trend of current generation. The lyrics do not have anything valuable. Content itself is rubbish. That is just sad. After a few months of being in the charts, the song suddenly subsides and before you know it, people do not recognize the song anymore.

Probably the band that has a bit of an impact for me is the band U2. Again, I like music, not much of a rock person but there are few favorites now and then. The Red Hot Chili Peppers are also my favorite. And as for the artist, I like Eminem.

I have heard about the bands story. How they started, what have happened to them along the way, and how they got to where they are now. They pay much attention to the lyrics and the composition. They do not just play for the sake of playing.

I may not be paying much attention to the artist but I pay most of my attention to the song. The song has to be inspiring.  It should bring out the artists’ feelings. These artists’ songs are classic and brought impact to me. Why not pay attention to the lyrics and see what the song is really about. They may seem rubbish to you, but definitely not to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment